Our Covid-19 Guarantee
Booking a holiday has never been such an uncertain thing to do. Here in Pembrokeshire, being a rural/coastal location, we are lucky enough to have escaped the more serious impact of Covid-19 compared to many other areas.
We have put measures in place in the apartment to help reduce the risk of the virus and these measures have been verified by Visit Britain “We’re Good to Go” scheme.
However, your circumstances for travelling after booking could change, as indeed may the situation for us. This year has shown that nothing is possible to predict.
This guarantee is specifically in relation to Covid-19. You are covered for the following:
- The holiday apartment is ordered to close
- UK Government restrictions on travel mean you cannot leave your home
- A member of the party, or close family relative living in the same household, are diagnosed with COVID-19 – a copy of the NHS certificate needs to be supplied.
In the event of any of the above circumstances, you can contact us no later than 72 hours before arrival and choose one of the following options:
- Free transfer of dates
- ‘Bank’ the amount you have paid to use against a future holiday
- Cancel and receive a full refund
*If you change the date of your holiday and it works out cheaper we will refund the difference. If the booking value is higher than your original booking then the difference will be payable.
We highly recommend you take out suitable travel insurance in case of other circumstances not covered in the above guarantee. We do not recommend any specific company and encourage you to do your own research to find appropriate cover.
Our usual terms & conditions apply.
We’re Good To Go! It’s Official!
MK Getaway has received the “Good To Go” Standard mark which means that our business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
We are committed to keeping all our guests safe during the Corona Virus Pandemic. To enable us to do this we have implemented a few changes for the apartment.
What we are doing/have done
- Implemented robust cleaning and hygiene procedures. We are using an all purpose sanitiser approved to EN14476 standards against coronaviruses. This will be used on all hard surfaces. We are using a similar product to use on soft furnishings such as seating and headboards. Particular attention is being paid to ‘high touch points’ such as light switches, window/door handles, remotes and fridge/cooker.
- Provided cleaning products for guests to use in the apartment including a surface cleanser, hand soap, washing up liquid, cloths and sponges.
- Changing all mattress protectors and pillow protectors after every guest
- Installed a hand sanitiser station in the entranceway.
- Removed all unnecessary soft furnishings, books, DVDs etc.
- Contactless check in – we will be there to greet you and answer any questions you have but we will keep our distance and not go in the apartment with you.
- If we need to access the apartment for maintenance work we will ask you to vacate the apartment, leaving windows and doors open. The maintenance person (probably Mark or Melanie) will wear appropriate PPE and wash hands before entering the apartment to sort the issue.
- Of course, if there is ANYTHING that concerns you during your stay then tell us! We’ll do our utmost to reassure or rectify.
Our success in keeping the apartment Covid-Secure will rely on all guests doing their bit. For this reason we ask you to:_
- Only travel to us if you are feeling well and not experiencing any of the corona-virus symptoms
- Only travel to us if you have NOT been identified through the Coronavirus track and trace programme and have been asked to self-isolate
- Not arrive before 3pm. You will not be able to access the apartment before this as we want the apartment to be ventilated as much as possible.
- If you become unwell during your stay, please tell us immediately by telephoning us on 01834 814211 or 07866788206. We will assist you as best we can in helping you return home or advise as to hospitals nearby if needed.
- When out and about please keep ‘socially distanced’ from other people. In Wales this is 2 metres. It is likely that children will need closer parental supervision generally to achieve this
- Bring with you face coverings and sanitiser.
- There should be no social gatherings inside the apartment. Until we receive further guidance you should not have any day visitors.
- Use the sanitiser provided (or your own) whenever you arrive back at the apartment and also when you have taken rubbish to the refuse/recycling bins
- Consider bringing your own supply of food and drink. This may reduce reliance and congestion in local shops
On departure can you
- Dispose of all rubbish from the apartment (kitchen and bathroom) and remove all foodstuffs from the fridge and cupboards.
- Strip all beds of bed linen (except mattress protectors and pillow protectors which we will do). Place the used linen together with bath mats, towels, t towels and oven gloves in the large plastic bags provided (in wardrobe).
- Open all windows (but only if it is not raining)
- Leave the key in the key safe
- Let us know by electronic means (text to 07866788206 or email email@example.com) that no-one was ill during their stay